Tuesday, December 8, 2009

P Dub


Tonight I'm heading out to the "Pioneer Woman Cooks" book signing. I'll probably be standing in line for two hours with a bunch of really excited women who've made every dish in the book and they'll all become book line BFFs and share stories about their kids and cooking and ranches, then I'll get to the table, clutching my unused copy of Ree's (The Pioneer Woman) cookbook and feel like I need to confess, "I don't have kids and I don't cook at all! I just think you're funny and like your story about meeting your husband!" It's going to be amazing.

Or, as Amanda says she would tell her, "Your food tastes really good when my husband makes it."

6 comments:

B said...

Sounds a little bit like YOU became a book line BFF since I'm pretty sure I just saw you @pioneerwoman tweet-answer her!

I'm just sayin'........

Brooke said...

Ha. Well, I meant that all the women in line around me will be BFFs and I'll have nothing in common with any of them... not PW. :)

B said...

I would just like a TEENY bit of credit for being the person that introduced you to all things PW. Didn't I????

P.S.

I think it's funny that while we're talking about P-dub, the password that I have to enter below is "fedub"

Brooke said...

You do deserve the credit! I recall getting an email from Joy that said something like, "Betsy says we HAVE to read this website about this woman and how she met her husband!"

I should have mentioned you to her. I'm sorry.

B said...

Jerk

I tell you who I want to hear more about is Hyacinth and Wetsy - give me deets. I'm kind of obsessed with Betsy - she seems pretty cool and collected.

Brooke said...

I don't have much more info on Betsy and Hyacinth. They were really cute sitting there chatting and taking pictures and handing out shirts.

I want Betsy's hair. Or, just the same cut.